We are currently working on the new version of eTemperature and it will be ready for release very soon.
For many years the feedback about eTemperature tended to be consistently “it’s very easy to use”. Because of that, we don’t make large changes to how it looks or works. So for many, it will look and feel very similar to the older versions.
But there will be a number of features that will fix some ongoing issues, and make some things easier.
- A more modern “feel”. The layout will basically be the same, but will support more Windows 7 effects.
- A built in updater will automatically check the internet to make sure you have the most recent version, and then automatically update eTemperature if you don’t. So no more needing to check back to see if you are up to date.
- A new reporting engine is now being used. This fixes an ongoing issue where the graph would disappear for some users. But the better news is that it also gave us a reporting configuration tool built in. So if you want to customise the report, you can.
- A new time analysis report with configurable temperatures and times. This was initially designed for the analaysis of sterilisers but can be easily modified for any time and temperature critical process.
- TC-Spy is a handheld unit for retrieving results in the field. We discovered this didn’t work anymore on some PCs (especially 64-bit ones). So we have fixed it up. Recent TC-Spy users should strongly consider upgrading.
- Export to Excel and Word has been modified slightly.
We will continue to keep you up to date with new features over the next couple of weeks.